Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Er... Work

So say the job is do-able - not entirely rewarding nor is it too stressful; not highly paid nor below average income level - is it considered reasonable employment? After all, what else are we looking forward to besides a job that allows us to earn our keeps and have enough time to enjoy life with it. A question on personal outlook in life. To some, career defines their life story. It determines who they are and these people thrive on knowing they are doing well and ahead of others in their profession because it gives their lives credibility and that is where their heightened sense of esteem stems from. To others, work is work, period. This other group of people work because they have to, not because they want to. The chief incentive of work is money. Money is the chief provider of all our external needs. Trust me, I was down to 20 dollars in my bank account before. It was a harrowing and humbling experience. In fact, I am probably writing this piece to convince myself that work is very necessary whether I derive any iota of pleasure and satisfaction from it or not, so long as it prevents history from repeating itself in my bank account history. It is clear which category I fall into huh hahaha. Got to work tomorrow, enough grousing for the day...

No comments:

Recent News

Etiketler